I love dogs, all dogs, they are great, loyal, give you unconditional love, always want to please you.... There is one breed though that when out and about with my dog, I am not too keen on meeting. Yeah you guessed it right, it is the staff.
It’s not that I don’t like them, as I said, I love them all, but I had several bad experiences with this particular breed. My dog has been attacked on number of occasions by this breed in a very short space of time and he is not alone, many other attacks were reported in my area. A very sweet and friendly Westie has actually died as a direct result of being attacked repeatedly.
I don’t blame the dogs though, it is not their fault, they just don’t know any better, it is the owners who are to blame. All of the owners who’s dogs attack got something in common, they are arrogant and rude, and use these dogs as status dog, they rarely socialize them well, they don’t train them well, or if they do, they actually train them to attack other unsuspecting well behaved dogs.
One other thing the dogs that attacked my dog had in common, the owners were almost always black.
See black people they fall into two categories, they are either “scared” of the dog but are happy to wind him up and tease from the distance, yet when the dog barks or launches at them (as a direct result of their teasing) they label him aggressive... or they chose to own one of those status dogs and make them aggressive, and out of control. They are probably seeing these dogs as a cure of their inferiority complex.
So back to the attacks.....well one of them...... these two staffs charged from the other side of the park at my dog who was on the lead, perfectly calm, sniffing something under a bush ... he only noticed them once they were about 2 feet away from him and ready to pounce, naturally my dog barked at them for being startled and then they went for him. Now lucky for him, for being a small dog, I picked him up quick and held him above my head, these two stuffs jumping up at me barking aggressively trying to get my dog from me, a few minutes later the owner arrives.... a black guy... now guess what he did..... If you guessed that he called off his dogs you guessed wrong. He actually “joined in” the attack (now what message that gives out to the dog?), started yelling at me and insulting me and calling me all names under the sun while BLAMING MY DOG for being attacked. You know what his reasoning was? Why my dog deserved to be attacked? Wait for this..... BECAUSE HE BARKED!?!?! That’s right!! He barked so he was responsible for being attacked! Never mind that he was on the lead and not even seen them while they were off the lead out of control charging at him from the other side of the park!!!
Then he had the cheek to tell me that his dogs are well trained because he paid £500 for the training classes. So I say, well call them off then so I can f***ing leave and stop yelling at me!
Well of course he could not! They would not listen to him. At the end he actually had to kick his own dogs to stop them from jumping up and barking so I can leave.
To be fair to staffs, they can be great dogs, I have met many nice and friendly ones, perfectly well mannered and sweet...... but I will still cross the road when I am out with my own dog and I see one approaching, just in case. I have been burned too many times to trust them and their owners, especially if they are black.
No comments:
Post a Comment